...movie reviews.
Dan indulged my need to see Sex and the City this weekend and didn't even make fun of me for crying through the ENTIRE movie - through happy and sad, hysterical and dark. It was quite an emotional roller coaster if you had invested 5 or so years of your life (as had I) with Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha. And I think that is what made it fabulous. If you hadn't invested those years, been through everything with them like they were your own best girlfriends, then it will probably fall short for you. But it is important to note that it is pretty dark - at one point Dan turned to me and used the word "depressing." They rally though, like only those girls can!
A few weeks ago, I made the mistake of saying that the bond between women goes "deeper" than the men they love - I am still atoning for that I think. And that's not what I meant... A movie like Sex and the City though does illustrate that very special bond between women and their friends that goes beyond the men they love. It's a different bond, but a powerful one nonetheless. (Hopefully, I won't get in trouble for that adjective!)
The acting was pretty good, the fashion was to die for (and I don't even like fashion), and the story a little long. All in all, worth it if you love Sex and the City. If you don't, you might want to skip it.
No comments:
Post a Comment